A plea has been issued to Deacons to enlist their parishes in adopting a day of Prayer during the 40 Days for Life Fall Campaign…
Dear Deacons of the Archdiocese of Denver,
From Wednesday, September 23rd – Sunday, November 1st, the Denver Respect Life Office will be leading 40 Days for Life in Denver. 40 Days for Life unites the Body of Christ during a focused 40 days of prayer and fasting, peaceful vigil and community outreach with the purpose of repentance to seek God’s favor to turn hearts and minds from a culture of death to a culture of life, thus bringing an end to abortion. In Denver, the public witness of the peaceful vigil will be held from 7am-7pm each day of the 40 days at the Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (E. 38th Ave and Pontiac St).
Our office is working to establish a concerted effort from leading Catholics in our Archdiocese for 40 Days for Life in Denver. Already in agreement for participation are numerous local religious orders including the Nashville Dominican Sisters, Capuchin Poor Clares and Capuchin Friars and the Carmelite Sister of the Most Sacred Heart. In addition, parishes and organizations are also stepping forward to participate in 40 Days for Life in Denver including Catholic Charities, Bishop Machebeuf High School, St. Thomas More, Holy Name, St. Mary’s (Littleton), Annunciation and Shrine of St. Anne. The SY Seminarians will be leading Vespers at the beginning and conclusion of 40 Days for Life in Denver, and Fr. Jim Crisman will be the lead speaker for the midpoint rally.
In that spirit of concerted prayer, we are formally reaching out to each of you as leaders in your parishes to encourage your pastor and parish to adopt days during the peaceful vigil outside of the Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains (E. 38th Ave and Pontiac St). This is easily attained by one or more parishioners from your parish signing up to cover an hour of the twelve hour vigil day. At a minimum, prayer coverage for one day requires the commitment of just 12 persons (consider reaching out to the Knights of Columbus, men’s group participants, women’s group participants, youth group/leaders in your parish etc.) to each commit to covering an hour of the 12 hour vigil day. Once your parish has chosen the day(s) of the vigil that your parish will adopt, parishioners can register for the hour(s) they will be covering on our website at 40daysforlife.com/Denver.
We have attached a 40 Days for Life parish packet that goes more in depth into 40 Days for Life in Denver. This may be helpful for you to review. On the website, 40daysforlife.com/ Denver, you will find all the templates/logos needed for approaching your parish priest in regards to adopting days during the vigil, and promoting sign-ups for 40 Days for Life in Denver at your parish. The templates are available in both English and Spanish.
Please talk with your pastors, and, as soon as possible, get back with our office about the day(s) your parish would like to secure. When speaking with your pastor, also extend to him the opportunity to celebrate Mass at the vigil site. Keep in mind, the following days have already been officially adopted:
- Wednesday, Sept. 23rd: St. Thomas More (Mass at 1pm)
- Saturday, Sept. 26th: St. Thomas More
- Tuesday, September 29th: Shrine of St. Anne (Mass details to come)
- Wednesday, October 7th: Holy Name Parish (Mass at 5:15pm)
- Friday, October 9th: Our Lady of Loreto
- Thursday, October 15th: Shrine of St. Anne (Mass details to come)
- Saturday, October 17th: St. Mary (Littleton) (Mass details to come)
- Thursday, October 22nd: St. Jude (9am-5pm only)
- Saturday, October 24th: Spirit of Christ
- Wednesday, October 28th: Holy Name (Mass at 5:15pm) This information is focused on 40 Days for Life in Denver, but there are also simultaneous vigils being held in Fort Collins (40daysforlife.com/fort-collins) and Boulder (40daysforlife.com/boulder). If your parish is located closer to those areas, please connect with the vigil leaders there and get involved! Thank you! Peace and Joy, Phone: 720-883-6236Website: https://40daysforlife.com/denverIt makes no difference whether one is master of the world or the ‘poorest of the poor’ on the face of the earth. Before the demands of morality we are all absolutely equal. – St. John Paul II As the charitable arm of the Archdiocese of Denver, Charities extends the healing ministry of Jesus Christ
- Confidentiality Warning: This e-mail contains information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, any dissemination, publication or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us by return e-mail. Thank you.
- to the poor and those in need
- and inspired by God’s love and compassion, Catholic
- Donate | Volunteer | E-newsletter |Facebook |
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Denver 40 Days for Life Team